Monday, 26 July 2010

A Book review

So this's about the book by Sarrah Lyddon Morrison that I read. The book goes under title The Modern Witche's Spellbook but as far as I can see the book is far from modern. The spells (though some of them usefull) are ancient and consist of spell material which most of us either would not have possibilities to perform or would not want to perform for it's so gross (such as killing a chicken in the middle of the night in the middle of the crossroads). The author seems to have very strong opinions and she's pretty direct in saying that if you aren't good in visualization - you're never gonna be a witch, you've no talent, forget about it. I mean, what the hell? Doesn't she now that all those things are possible to learn..? Also, the good lady claims disliking black magick and emphasizes that one must stay far away from them. And I agreed with her. But then as I read on, I discover that she (and some of the friends of hers) is interupting in more than one peoples lives without the permission of the particular individuals. They did no harm, but still have to say that I think it's inappropriate. Especially in love spells when directed into an individual, that's manipulation. Harmless, but manipulation nevertheless.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun reading the book as some of the spells made me laugh hard. So I would recommend the book just for fun but please, think twice and hard if you decide to use some of ther spells.

No comments:

Post a Comment