Tuesday, 23 November 2010

The Pale Beauty


Had a nice fullmoon, everybody? I did, even though I had to walk much further from my stone circle to do the ritual, first because it's covered with ice and snow and second because it's no longer safe in the little forest. A lot of people walk there nowadays. So I headed further a block or two, to reach a beautifull virgin forest where the trees are much bigger, EVERYTHING was so much bigger! And the snow and all, glowing in the darkening evening, forming thick layers on the branches of the trees. It was such a winter wonderland! Before stepping into the forest I naturally introduced myself and said I was there to follow the old customs. Then waited for the affirmative answer before stepping in.

I had one candle with me and a lighter. I replaced the candle on a rock (I guess that's what it was, it was all covered in sknow), kindled it and formed the circle. Nowadays I have this habbit to hum everything in it's place. It's so easy that way. So I hummed the circle using a tune that just spontaneously came to me visualizing the circle forming around me and asking the spirits of nature to join the ritual if they want. And then Í sang the elements using the song "The Earth, the Air, the Fire, the Water, return return return return" that I have heard from Youtube. Sometimes I also use a the wellknown "Earth my body, Water my blood, Air my breath and Fire my spirit", a very beatifull chant also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEsSIwtt0Js <--- that's the chant "The Earth, The Air, The Fire, The Water", go and listen in case you already haven't. :) It's catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQtmLx1nkY <--- "Earth my body, Water my blood, Ear my breath and Fire my spirit".  I gotta confess this is my favorite one of the two.

Here's also a good one by Wendy Rule, a bit stronger and "darker" in melody as well as singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGW4LQDrNJo

Well, my fullmoon ritual was pretty simple. I made a little prayer for the Goddess and then just layed on the snow watching the tops of the trees reaching the dark sky and the earth's energies pouring through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment