Monday, 21 March 2011

Ostara/Easter/Spring Equinox



Have a blessed ostara everybody! I'm here, spending mine while listening this wonderfull song. It really makes me feel fresh and newborn. There could be no better song for Ostara!

Ostara aka Spring Equinox is a festival of balance, both day and night are the same length now, and finally afterwards the light taking over. The young God is a young "lad" by this time and the Goddess is a young maiden again. They fall in love. :) I consider Ostara a great time for love spells also.

Ostara is an old German fertility goddess after whom the festival is named. Ostara (as most of the pagan festivals) is also a festival of fertility.

The colors of Ostara are pastel shades. Pink, blue, green.. Traditionally white. The animal accosiated with Ostara (or Eostre) is hare. According to folk custom studies, a hare is a commong animal appearing in old Northen and Saxon cultures around the Spring Equinox (in my opinion a hare is a great metaphor for a fertility festival - let's do it the bunny style! ;D).

In my opinion the best Ostara oil is Lemon. Also, Orange would do fine.
Lilies are probably the most commong Ostara flowers. I saw one pack on sale yesterday, I better go and buy it before somebody else!

There's a funny little "coinsidence" happening in my life, that takes place around this festival, right now. It's an important one and has to do with my career. It kinda gives me an opportunity to pland seeds, in a way...

So, I wish very happy and joyfull Ostara my friends! (I'm going to eat.. Dying in hunger..)

No comments:

Post a Comment